Thursday, July 11, 2013

Why having lessons in a devoted music space is important:

As I am beginning to teach violin lessons in Los Angeles, I have made a deal with myself to teach in a devoted music space.  In times past, I have done the travelling violin teacher gig where I would go to my students' houses for a higher rate.  It was convenient for them, but it was rather a nuisance to me.  When you travel, it is really hard to be organized exactly right.  There would always be one or two items missing that I needed but didn't have. I would have a brilliant flash of genius and want to assign an etude to fix a specific problem, but, alas, my library is too big to travel with me--not to mention my scanner/printer/computer.  When I was a graduate assistant at Oklahoma State University, I ran into this same problem while teaching in a different practice room everyday.  So I decided that I would set up my violin studio the way that I want it.  And even as I am looking to find a location to teach in elsewhere in Los Angeles, I want it to be somewhere that I can set it up and leave it be.

I feel that having a devoted music space will serve my students well, and keep me organized.  Teaching violin lessons in Los Angeles is an exciting prospect for me, and I am excited to get started.

For further information on violin lessons, take a look at my website.  From there you can view my studio policies, fees, bio, and more!  Also, check me out on Facebook and Twitter!

Tim Miller
TDM Violin Studio
http://timmiller1685.wix.com/violinlessons

No comments:

Post a Comment